XIMB Interview Experience

Name: Yash Nigam

Profile: Class X CGPA: 10 (2013), Class XII- 94.4 percent (2015), B-Tech, Mechanical Engineering, DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (2019) with 84%, Worked for an automotive component manufacturer for 12 months and 15 days as a Graduate Engineer Trainee. CAT 2020: 97 percentile with 90 or higher in all sections

The interview was conducted on the ZOOM platform

The panel consisted of four people. They all interacted with me in some way. One of them inquired about my educational background. I informed her of my graduation experience. She inquired about my major and minor projects. One does not typically expect the interview panel to question the candidate in detail about his major and minor projects. I was quite comfortable taking her through the major points quickly because I had already prepared a brief that I would deliver in an interview. She was very impressed because I was able to connect my findings to real-world applications. The other panelist then asked me a series of random questions, such as how many wires make up the overhead cables that one sees on the road. I wasn’t sure, so I began by saying, “I’m unable to fully recall,” and then gave him the answer. He also inquired as to why bricks are red. Then he took me to the semiconductor factory. Even this surprised me because you wouldn’t expect a mechanical engineer to be able to explain the operation of transistors and emitters in such detail and with such efficiency.

Result: Shortlist Rank 71