On a day-to-day basis, a risk analyst’s role resembles that of a financial data analyst, but with a concentration on risk analysis. Risk management is intrinsically tough, and risk-related data does not necessarily imply clear answers, therefore life as a risk analyst can be arduous. Nonetheless, this job provides the potential to have a direct effect on the performance of a business. Risk analysts have the opportunity to work with people from all throughout the company to make crucial business choices.
- Using risk information management software to manipulate and evaluate risk-related data (RIMS)
- Quantifying the negative consequences of risk-taking actions
- Identifying internal company activities that contribute to heightened financial risk
- Creating reports, summaries, and presentations to communicate results to the company’s important stakeholders
- Working with risk managers on reporting and assessment methodologies to aid in the continual collecting and understanding of risk management data.