The primary role of warehouse Managers includes supervising the receipt, dispatch, storage of goods, and the arrangement of goods in order of their necessity and allocating proper storage space to each type of good. They also oversee the workers, necessary equipment, vehicles and ensure the proper functioning of the warehouse. The detailed roles and responsibilities of a warehouse manager are described below:
• Managing the warehouse and its functioning in respect to the companies’ policies and provisions.
• Ensuring the maximum utilization of space available in the warehouse.
• Co-ordinating and enforcing necessary operational policies in the warehouse.
• Initiate stock control and match the numbers with the data used in softwares.
• Regularly updates stock reports like In-Out quantities, Dead Stock etc.
• Plan for the inventory which has been sitting in the warehouse for too long and inform the operation manager about the same.