IIM Vishakhapatnam Interview Experience

Name: Yash Nigam

Profile: Class X CGPA: 10 (2013), Class XII- 94.4 percent (2015), B-Tech, Mechanical Engineering, DELHI TECHNOLOGICAL UNIVERSITY (2019) with 84%, Worked for an automotive component manufacturer for 12 months and 15 days as a Graduate Engineer Trainee. CAT 2020: 97 percentile with 90 or higher in all sections.

The interview was conducted on the ZOOM platform

There were two people on the panel. They began by greeting me and asking about my day, as well as asking me to introduce myself. Because this was the most basic question to begin the interview in most cases, I was able to provide a very well-structured response. They then questioned me about why I wanted to leave the job after only a year. This came naturally to me, and in my response, I emphasized how a rigorous MBA curriculum would help me find solutions to business problems and prepare a growth plan for the company in which I work. They were impressed with my response and asked why an MBA but not a post-graduate degree in M-tech or MS would help me achieve my long-term goals and why I was not interested in a technical degree. He inquired as to how modern sales had evolved, to which I replied that many FMCG companies use CRM modules to better serve their customers and improve response time.

Result: Selected.