How to stay ahead for the preparations of Summer placements?

In India, a B-School student’s programme begins in June or July, while the placement process begins in September or October.

You’ll be so preoccupied with the new atmosphere when you first start B-school that you won’t even notice when September arrives and your summer placement interviews are knocking at your door!

Because of the high level of competition, now is the best time to start preparing for your MBA summer placements (8 to 12 weeks before your summers).

1)Analyze the previous year list: I’ve always highlighted the need for ‘back-hacking’ your placement process so that you can focus on precisely what you want to achieve in your placements. But, exactly, what do I mean when I say “back hack your placements”?

You should check out the companies that have visited your B-school in the recent four or five years. And for all of those companies, start looking for the job openings they advertised. Perhaps you might approach your B-Placement School’s Committee for this, and they’ll be able to provide you with the specific JDs that were floated on your campus. Following that, you must begin examining these Job Descriptions. Look for the job positions and abilities that they demand in combination. This activity will assist you in determining the industries you want to work in and the employment roles you want to pursue.

2)Start working on your hard skills: I constantly emphasize, “Your future is in your hands,” and “Your ability to acquire hard things early is in your hands!” While soft skills are no longer a differentiator because everyone is expected to have them, hard skills may help you stand out among MBA students. You’ll go a long way if you have hard skills! You may now be asking how to get these abilities quickly. This is where my first tip will come in handy. Once you’ve determined which roles and organizations you want to pursue, all you have to do now is check the abilities that they require, and you’ll know what to learn. It’s critical that you put these talents to use when you’re learning them!

3)Nitty Gritties of case analysis: Previously, it was thought that only consulting businesses (particularly MBB firms) asked students to analyze examples in their interviews. That trend, however, is now shifting and spreading! A case analysis stage is included in almost every reputable firm’s recruitment procedure. Case analysis is part of the interview process, whether it’s a fast-moving consumer goods company or an e-commerce company! What’s the point? Because the MBA program is built around cases, the least you should know and be expected to know is how to analyse and present a case effectively.