Product marketing managers flourish when product management and marketing collide. They must be knowledgeable about both the market (e.g., competitive landscape, buyer personas) and the product. It is the responsibility of the product marketing manager to guarantee that the market recognises the value of the company’s product and to encourage consumer demand and adoption.
The go-to-market strategy is the responsibility of product marketing managers. They work closely with the product team throughout the development process to position the product before it launches (or adds additional capabilities). They also train sales and support staff on the product’s advantages and how to discuss it with consumers.
Some popular job roles in the same are:
- Digital product marketing manager
- Director of product marketing
- Junior product marketing associate
- Portfolio marketing manager
- Product marketing manager
- Senior product marketing manager
- Solutions marketing manager