Are You A Team Player?

While answering this question, try to keep yourself on both sides. For example, if the interviewer asks if you prefer to work alone or on a team, he may be trying to get you to say you are one way or the other. However, you do not have to play this game. The reality is that most jobs require us to work both independently and in teams. Your response to this question should show that you have been successful in both situations.

The qualities that make a good team player include: Commitment to ensuring the team succeeds with all tasks, duties, and projects. Commitment to making sure team members are informed on any developments related to projects or the company’s overall business. Reliability, responsibility, and excellent communication.

Common team-player qualities include being open-minded, sharing and encouraging other members in the group. Mention a time that you gave special recognition to a high performing team. Also show that you are a consensus-builder. Many managers are impressed by unselfish employees.
A strong team player works for a common agenda and does not have an individual, hidden agenda. They work for the common goal and are not led by personal interests. A good team player supports others. Great team players show the appropriate support to other team members to help them get the job done
“I understand and appreciate the fact that a team environment is both productive and efficient. I have the ability to compromise, show respect to others and listen to the needs of my teammates. While I can be a leader when necessary, I can also play an equal role on the team when the situation merits.”