Working at Fractal Analytics, how is it?

Fractal is a cool job, especially if you’re fresh out of college. My opinion is based on three factors: the type of work Fractal does, the organization itself, and my personal experience with the company.

• Because the major applications of data for productive uses are still being researched, many problems, such as crime prediction, are still in their infancy and could prove to be quite interesting.

• As more companies get on the “big-data” trend, having experience with a straight play analytics firm like Fractal is advantageous because you gain a better grasp of different data sources, where they can be found, and how they can be mined. This understanding will aid in the cross-fertilization of data learnings from one sector to the next.

• In the workplace, there is sufficient diversity. People come from all across the country geographically. However, the majority of the staff have a background in engineering, administration, economics, or statistics. This is something I believe Fractal will have to improve as they expand.