Why are you a good fit for this job? | PM interview questions

Question’s Purpose
They want you to connect the dots between this opportunity and your experience. Honestly, I find this question lazy on their part. Obviously, they think I’m a good fit for the job otherwise they wouldn’t have called. I’d rather hear why they think I’m a good fit than I have to explain it to them. But that’s the way interviews go and you need a good answer.

How to Answer
Draw a large T on a piece of paper. On the left side of the T, list the job’s requirements. On the right side of the T, list your experiences that map to the requirements. Take the top 3 most important requirements and chat about them and how your experience maps to them. Remember to tell a story. Don’t just say your requirements are A, B, C and I’ve done A, B, and C. Tell the story of how you overcame the odds and did A, B, and C.

For example, the following requirement is on every PM job description: “The ability to take a strategy and translate it into action.” Use that as your talking point for this answer and tell a story about how your last company handed you a convoluted one-page business doc with 37 bullet points and you turned that into a proper roadmap, rallied the troops, and began executing on it.

Do leave a LIKE if this helped you, and don’t forget to drop in a comment if there are any suggestions!! :innocent: