In around 6 months, it is feasible to study, follow, and contribute to cutting-edge deep learning research. The procedures for doing it are as follows:
- You are willing to devote 10–20 hours per week over the next six months.
- You have a basic understanding of programming. If required, you should be able to pick up Python along the way. Cloud is also there.
- You are assumed to have no prior knowledge of Python or the cloud.
- Some prior math training (algebra, geometry etc).
- Access to a computer and the internet
By doing so, we learn how to drive a car. It isn’t a good idea to learn how the clutch and the internal combustion engine work. Not at first, at least. We’ll explore deep learning from the same top-down perspective.
Now is the moment to refresh your knowledge of the essentials. Learn how to use linear algebra and calculus to solve problems.
Then, from the ground up, learn about deep learning. Complete all five Coursera deep learning specialization courses. To get your assignments graded, you must pay a fee. The effort, though, is definitely worth it.
It is an excellent idea to do a capstone project. This is the perfect opportunity to dive into a deep learning library and start from scratch on a subject that interests you.
Part II of A.I.'s course is Cutting Edge Deep Learning for Coders. This course delves deeper into more complex topics, and you’ll learn how to read and comprehend the most recent research papers.