Which are some Quantitative Aptitude round questions for campus placement for TCS?

Some of the Questions asked in the Quantitative Aptitude Section of TCS campus placement round are:
• A train speeds past a pole in 15 seconds and a platform 100 m long in 25 seconds. Its length is
• If a pipe can fill the tank within 6 hrs. But due to leak it takes 30 min more. Now the tank is full then how much time will it take to empty the tank thought the leak?
• In a triangle if the length of sides are as given below which one will not form triangle?
• A cube of 3x3x3 is painted from all the 6 faces. If I cut the cube in 27 equal cubes of 1x1x1 then how many cubes will be painted on exactly 2 faces?
• (989898-737373)/(989898+737373)=?
• Let N be the greatest number that will divide 1305, 4665 and 6905, leaving the same remainder in each case. Then sum of the digits in N is:
• When all words in “master” is sorted in alphabetical order then what is the 49th word
• 9 years ago i was five times as old as my eldest son. Today i am 3 times his age. How old am I now?
• In a box of one dozen eggs, the ratio of broken eggs to unbroken eggs could be any of the
following EXCEPT
• 2 student get 3 and 3.5 in their class exam And 1.2 and 1.45 in final exam respectively.What might be the class marks of 3rd student who have got 0 marks in final exam?

The list of questions asked in the Quantitative Aptitude section of TCS placement are:

• My flight takes of at 2pm from a place at 18N 40E and landed 10 Hrs later at a place with coordinates 36N40W. What is the local time when my plane landed?
• 23 people are there, they are shaking hands together, how many hand shakes possible, if they are in pair of cyclic sequence.
• A box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there?
• 2 oranges, 3 bananas and 4 apples cost Rs.15. 3 oranges, 2 bananas, and 1 apple costs Rs 10. What is the cost of 3 oranges, 3 bananas and 3 apples?
• Here 10 programmers, type 10 lines with in 10 minutes then 60lines can type within 60 minutes. How many programmers are needed?
• Find average speed if a man travels at speed of 24kmph up and 36kmph down at an altitude of 200m.
• A box of 150 packets consists of 1kg packets and 2kg packets. Total weight of box is 264kg. How many 2kg packets are there ?
• A plane moves from 9°N40°E to 9°N40°W. If the plane starts at 10 am and takes 8 hours to reach the destination, find the local arrival time ?
• Y catches 5 times more fishes than X. If total number of fishes caught by X and Y is 42, then number of fishes caught by X?

The quantitative aptitude round questions of TCS consist of the basic topics that were covered during our secondary school level. The following are the topics from which we can expect questions:

• Probability - How many number plates can be made if the number plates have two letters of the English alphabet (A-Z) followed by two digits (0-9) if the repetition of digits or alphabets is not allowed?
  • Speed, Distance, Time - We are driving along a highway at a constant speed of 55 miles per hour (mph). You observe a car one-half mile behind you. The car is moving fast and zooms past you exactly one minute later. How fast is this car traveling (mph) if its speed is constant?
  • Work and Time - n the normal course. Ravi, Sanjay, and Mukund can each individually build a wall In 5.8 and 10 days respectively. Due to difficult terrain and slushy conditions at the site, the individual time required for each to complete the work has increased by 20%. 25% and 50% respectively. 110w long will they take to build the wall if they work together?
  • Number System - The difference between the ages of two of my three grandchildren Is 3. My elder grandchild is three times older than the age of my youngest grandchild and my eldest grandchild’s age Is two years more than the ages of my two youngest grandchildren added together. How old is my eldest grandchild?
  • Percentages: In a country, 60% of the male citizen and 70% of the female citizen are eligible to vote. 70% of male citizens eligible to vote voted, and 60% of female citizens eligible to vote voted. What fraction of the citizens voted during the election?

2022-02-23T18:30:00Z