Where would you like to see your career in three years?

The interviewer wants to understand more about your career goals and how this potential would fit into your grand plan. they care about your career goals because they want to hire someone who is cleared with goals , motivated , proactive, and likely to stick around and work hard if hired to their organizations.

• You want to give the hiring manager the impression that you’re content with the position as is. But you should also express enthusiasm about developing in a realistic way.
  • Also, show that your personal career goals align with the company’s long-term goals. They’re looking for people eager to work abroad. You’re eager to work abroad. Sounds like a match made in heaven, right?

You can use examples like :
In five years, I want to complete the internal training program for my position. I’ve read about it on your website, and I think it’s a fabulous program. Not only would I get all the training for my role, but I would be on the fast track to becoming a project manager. That’s my top career goal. Plus, my ideal path would include working abroad for a couple of years. I understand that it’s of value to you to find people prepared to do so.