What skills can I learn online that will give me a good start at Mu Sigma?

MuSigma is one of the world’s biggest data science companies, and you have cracked their interview. You will be joining the company in a few days, and you might be wondering what skills should I polish before joining the role and making the most out of it.

Here are a few improvements I would like to suggest:

Learn Excel, SQL

You might have learned the languages for the interviews, but you might not have time to practice it as much as you had wished.

For R/Python, I propose picking a Kaggle project and attempting it in R/Python. This project will assist you in learning these languages and develop a ‘Learning by Doing’ mentality, which is a critical ability in Mu Sigma.

To learn Excel, complete homework and tests accessible from various online sources, and then complete an assignment involving the creation of a sophisticated Excel dashboard using VBA.

Excellent Communication

You will be joining a company with clients worldwide, and you are also part of the corporate world now. So, communication will become an essential tool in your arsenal while dealing with those clients or your subordinates.

It would be best if you started practicing your skills and might start working on other non-verbal aspects.