What is your favorite product? And why? | PM interview questions

Question’s Purpose
This question dives down into how critically you think about a product’s business, its users and their pain points, and how innovative product design solutions can solve those pains and make money. (Yep, it’s trying to get across all that in one deceptively simple question.)

How to Answer
Always have an answer prepared for this. If you really want to go overboard and have the perfect soup-to-nuts answer, take a look at these guys’ approach: https://igotanoffer.com/blogs/product-manager/favorite-product-interview-question#how-to-answer.

My answer is much more lightweight.

My answer is your favorite product can be any product, it doesn’t really matter, it’s all about the why of the product and how well you understand that why.

Can you identify and articulate the product’s customer and their unique pain points and how the product’s design solves those pains? And very importantly, how would you improve that product to better solve those pains?

My answer follows this formula, “I love how product X [some product] makes it easy for customer Y [customer persona] to do X [customer activity]. It would be amazing if they also build it to do Z [customer activity] because I believe it’s an underserved need.” Interviewers always ask questions about that underserved need and the customer, so I would have researched and memorized some data points for the conversation.

The key is to find a product you really do love, so when you tell the story about that product your passion for it comes out.

Do leave a LIKE if this helped you, and don’t forget to drop in a comment if there are any suggestions!! :innocent: