• At TCS, an Initial Learning Program (ILP) takes place and each fresher has to go through the same. It has training centers across the countries where each fresher is trained according to the domain assigned to them.
• The training period is different for different domains and can span out from a month to as long as three months.
• The training is provided with respect to two areas – Technical Skills and Business Skills.
• There are modules assigned to each trainee which they are required to complete in this period, post which one is assigned projects. A Knowledge Transfer (KT) takes place for the period of the project from someone who has been a part of the same.
• At TCS, the end of this phase leads to two decision paths for a trainee – to join or drop the company. This decision should be taken wisely.