A Content Delivery Network (CDN) is an interconnected system of computers that cache data for users all over the world. It delivers online material to consumers rapidly by replicating or caching it on many servers and routing it to users in close proximity. There are several benefits to using a CDN.
They include the following:
- Faster content delivery.
- Significantly reduces the load time of a page.
- Lower network latency and packet loss.
- Provides higher savings in the bandwidth.
- Reduces bandwidth consumption.
- Segmenting the audience becomes easy.
- Offer better usage analytics.
- Offer secure storage capacity for content.