SQL* Plus is a component of Oracle Database. It is basically a command-line tool that allows you to submit SQL queries to the server interactively.
- We can view the results by Running a SELECT query
- With SQL*Plus we can startup and shut down an Oracle database.
- Submit PL/SQL blocks for execution to the Oracle server.
- Execution of SQL*Plus script file can be done.
- Create, modify, or drop database objects(eg., tables, indexes, and users) using DDL statements, as well as any other SQL statements that Oracle supports.
- We can write the output to a file.
- Execute stored procedures and functions in a database