JUnit is a Java programming language unit testing framework. It’s written in Java and is maintained by the JUnit.org community as Open Source Software.
JUnit’s import features include:
- It’s a framework that’s free to use.
- Annotation is provided to identify the test procedures.
- Assertions are provided to test expected results.
- Test runners are provided to perform tests.
- JUnit tests may be performed automatically, and they can examine and offer instant feedback on their own results.
- JUnit tests can be grouped into test suites, which comprise test cases and perhaps additional test suites.
- JUnit displays test progress as a green bar if everything is going well and a red bar if the test fails.