An algorithm for creating a hidden-line drawing of polygon data sets by drawing the polygons from the most distant to the closest, in order.
- Both image and object space operations.
- Perform the basic function.
- Surface are sorted in order of decreasing depth.
- Surface are scan converted in order, starting with the surface of greatest depth.
- Often referred as painters algorithm.
- Test listed in the order of increasing difficulty.
- Surface do not overlap.
- Projections of the two surfaces on to the view plane do not overlap.