A Word cloud, also known as a Tag cloud, is a visual representation of text data, typically used to depict keyword metadata (tags) on websites or to visualize free form text[Wikipedia]. Word clouds are a popular type. of infographic with the help of which we can show the relative frequency of words in our data.
A Tableau Word Cloud is a visualization type which displays words in a cluster or cloud like manner.
The size of words will depend on the frequency of their occurrence in a given body of text. We arrange our word cloud in different shapes, sizes, manners like horizontal lines, columns etc.
- Open Tableau Desktop and connect to a data source.
- Drag the desired dimension to Text on the Marks card.
- Drag the same dimension to Size on the Marks card.
- Right-click on the dimension on the Size card and select Measure > Count.
- If necessary, change the Mark type from Automatic to Text.