What does statistical power of sensitivity mean?
“statistical power” is how willing we are to make a Type II error. The greater the power in a research study the less likely it is to have a Type II error. Power analyses are performed by obtaining the r value and then checking it on a power table along with the desired amount of power. Where the two variables intersect, gives us the amount of people needed in the study to maintain significance of our statistical descisions. The standard is 80 percent power, leaving you with a 20 percent chance of error, but you can always increase your power reducing the possibility of a Type II error.