The back end of a website is not visible to a user; it’s a program that adds functionality to the front end. So the role of a back-end developer is primarily to combine database and code to assist the front end of a website or an app.
A few popular back end languages are:
Back-end developers use either of these languages to establish a connection between server, application, and database. As a back-end developer, it’s crucial to understand the client’s requirements beforehand and write clean code following good coding practices.
The primary responsibilities of a back-end developer are listed as follows:
- Creating, integrating, and maintaining the database
- Integrating web server technologies with front end
- Securing website against external threats
- Collaborate with front end developers to develop a seamless website
- Cloud Integration
- Collecting performance analytics