What are the topics covered in Full Stack Development?

Every effective engineer/developer must have a strong drive to learn new things. To be completely honest, becoming a full stack developer typically means that the list of topics to learn will never end, but will continue to expand (exponentially possibly). It may be a new framework or language at times, but it will evolve and grow alongside you! Here’s my list, which is in no particular sequence but is crucial to know because you’ll be dealing with them frequently:

• Databases: You should have worked with and queried a few different types of databases and understand the differences between them, as well as when one works better in particular situations. Learn how to query databases as well. Because data structures differ, RDBMS and Document Dbs have various ways of querying data. Learn about databases and server tools such as Apache, Amazon Web Services, MySQL, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, and NGINX.

• If you plan on conducting any work for a real client with security concerns or dealing with sensitive information, you should become familiar with SSL/HTTPS.

• Debugging: A skilled programmer, in my opinion, does not waste time writing blindly; therefore, I prefer to be efficient and use a debugger. It will help you progress because you are improving your process and saving time - we are fortunate in that most software is open source and everything is free! Make use of this to your advantage!

• Technologies used in the front end: Learn all of them! Or at the very least one of them, such as HTML5, Bootstrap, AngularJS, ReactJS, and JavaScript.

• Backend. Learn a server-side language such as NodeJS, Laravel, ExpressJS, Codelgniter, and so on. Simply choose your domain and get started.

• Logic operators, functions, arrays, data structures, and remembering the single responsibility principle!

• Many different search backends exist, but Apache SOLR is a popular one that works well with dedicated caching servers (memcache). However, I’ve just seen new ones emerge, such as Angolia, which appears to be quite promising but comes at a price.

• Caching: There are numerous levels and types of caching, including browser, server, page, and tag-based caching.

• git, svn, and other version control systems

• Learn to set up a local development environment - this is more of a beginner thing, but never create on your LIVE server!

If you want to become a good full stack web developer then you must learn below listed topics:

Front End Technologies
Back End Technologies
Database & Server Tools
Project Management Tools

Front End Technologies
HTML5, Bootstrap, AngularJS, ReactJS, JavaScript

Back End Technologies
NodeJS, ExpressJS,

Database & Server Tools
Apache, AWS, MySQL, MongoDB, NGINX

Project Management Tools
Jira