Many organizations had to go through cyber threats because of the digital revolution accelerated by covid-19. There were cases of ransomware attacks that were making the cloud systems even more vulnerable. Therefore, the people with the right skill sets have numerous job opportunities in this area.
The following are some prerequisites to start a career in cyber security:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or any other related field of study.
- There are a number of endpoint securities. Knowledge of firewalls and other forms of endpoint securities is an important prerequisite.
- C++, Java, Node, Python, Ruby, Go, or Power Shell are all useful languages/tools, the knowledge of which an individual should possess.
- The ability to be on toes and work under pressure is required in a fast-paced environment.
- Should possess problem-solving skills and be detail-oriented towards their approach.
- Should be updated with the latest trends in cyber security as well as hacker tactics.