You’ll need a mix of technical and soft abilities to work as a data analyst.
- As a data analyst, you should have thorough understanding of at least one programming language.
- The more languages you have under your belt, the better. Python, R, SQL, Java, PHP, and other programming languages are commonly used by data analysts.
- You should also learn the principles of data analysis and how to use its tools. As previously said, a data analyst must be conversant with mathematics, statistics, and the usage of charts, tables, and graphs.
After you’ve mastered them,
- you’ll need to have some experience with project management, statistical programming, data cleansing, and data visualisation.
- You’ll also need the ability to analyse and understand data, as well as the capacity to plan work precisely and fulfil deadlines, in addition to these essential technical abilities.
- Because you’ll be interacting with many teams, you’ll need good interpersonal skills, oral and written communication abilities, and the ability to operate as part of a group.