Advantages of Hierarchical Clustering:
- We can obtain the optimal number of clusters from the model itself, human intervention not required.
- Dendrograms help us in clear visualization, which is practical and easy to understand.
Disadvantages of Hierarchical Clustering:
- Not suitable for large datasets due to high time and space complexity.
- There is no mathematical objective for Hierarchical clustering.
- All the approaches to calculate the similarity between clusters has their own disadvantages.