What are some tips for making effective Pinterest Marketing Campaign? (Part 5)

1. Don’t give up too soon. If you’re not getting any new followers after a week or two, it’s normal to wonder if you are doing something wrong. Don’t let this discourage you, though! Pinterest takes time, and once your content is out there, others will eventually start finding it. Be patient and don’t give up - especially since, in the end, all of that hard work will pay off!

2. Social Media is Important. Make sure you follow your pins through social media. Pinterest users often will pin a blog post or picture from their website and want to know how many people have seen it so far. The only way they can see this information is to follow that person on one of the various social media networks (Pinterest, Facebook, Twitter). If someone has taken the time to re-pin your Twitter link, make sure that you also follow them back!

3. Use Hashtags!!! . This is something I wish I had figured out earlier and will take some trial and error to get used to, but if you use hashtags sparingly in the right places with the right keywords, more people may be able to find your PinPin. This is only if you’re pinned to a public board btw. I learned the hard way - don’t go jamming hashtags all over your boards!

4. Pin on Mondays. A recent analysis of more than a year’s worth of pins from hundreds and thousands of Pinterest users found that those who pinned on Mondays received nearly 2x as many re-pins as those who didn’t. There’s no actual proof behind this (yet), but if there’s ever some correlation with real-life events, it might be that people choose to pin their favorite content just before they head into work on Tuesdays (or maybe people like to check out everyone else’s pins when they get home from school?). Either way, try to pin at least once a week, and you’ll have better results.

5. Be sure to PinPin. I know this is no secret, but Pinterest users love to re-pin something they found interesting, helpful, or entertaining! This is your chance not only to get more people involved with your brand or blog/company but also to show that you’re an expert in the field … because if you are an expert, why wouldn’t people come directly back to one of your pins? If someone comes across a pin from someone else and it’s something you’ve created, be sure to re-pin it on one of your boards. It doesn’t get much easier than this!