Some prerequisites to acing the Group Discussion round of Deloitte can be as follows:
Start with a good argument :
- When it’s your moment to speak, create an impact by starting with a strong argument or a quote from an industry expert.
- It’s a good idea to incorporate some statistics and facts.
Be patient :
- Stay cool and wait your turn to talk, and don’t interrupt anyone else.
- Allow others to voice their opinions. If someone makes the argument you were about to make, make the same point from a new angle and with a broader perspective.
- One should not engage in debates. In group conversations, etiquette is crucial.
Be factual :
When you convey your position with facts and data, panelists are more impressed. Every day, read newspapers, remember facts and statistics, and communicate fluently.
Stick to the topic :
When presenting your facts, don’t get carried away. Maintain relevance by sticking to the topic and speaking in context. Make your argument quickly and succinctly.