Following are the commonly asked questions for an interview in MBA in Operations Management:
- What is Operations Management according to you/What do you understand by Operations Management?
- What is the roles/duties/responsibilities of an Operations Manager?
- What are the three major business functions and how are they related to one another?
- What is the difference between a service and a manufacturing business?
- What are the milestones in Operations Management?
- Mention some of the current trends in Operations Management.
- Which company pioneered the Just-in-Time Management Process?
- What is process hierarchy and what is its importance?
- What is the importance of Operations Management in business?
- Is Operations Management relevant to all aspects of a business?
- What are the four Vs in Operations Management?
- What is Total Quality Management (TQM)?
- What are the skills required for qualifying as an Operations Manager?
- What is Six-Sigma in Operations?
Operations managers are crucial because they ensure that all company procedures run smoothly. Their job is to plan, supervise, and coordinate day-to-day activities in order to boost efficiency, productivity, and results.
Candidates with wide experience and practical understanding of all organisational activities should be sought. Operations managers are in charge of a variety of duties, including logistics, resource management, and budgeting. As a result, your ideal applicant should be able to deal with operational issues and identify efficient solutions in a timely manner.
Keep an eye out for applicants that are eager to step up when a difficulty occurs during the interview process. Excellent numerical and interpersonal abilities are also indicators that your candidate is a suitable fit for your Operations Manager job. Customize these questions to match any special duties or needs you have for better results. d understanding of all organisational functions and experience with them. Operations managers are in charge of a variety of duties, including logistics, resource management, and budgeting. As a result, your ideal applicant should be able to deal with operational issues and identify efficient solutions in a timely manner.
- Questions about operations and situations
- Describe the major responsibilities of an Operations Manager on a daily basis.
- What is budgeting, and how do you go about doing it step by step?
- What kind of logistics management experience do you have?
- Have you ever had to work out a contract with a vendor? What is the most efficient method?
- Have you ever used any management information systems?
- Do you have any experience with cost analysis software? Mention any statistical tools you’ve worked with before.
- What strategy would you use if your boss asked you to prepare a report on manufacturing costs?
- Which are the most significant financial management best practises, in your opinion?
- To you, what does effective communication between organisational functions/departments imply?
- What role do support services play in accomplishing company objectives? Please provide some instances.
- We want to make sure that our private information is kept safe. How would you work with our IT team to make this happen?
- Have you ever implemented a cost-cutting plan that worked?
- What was the size of the last team you worked with, and what issues did you encounter?
- What kind of presentation experience do you have?
- How do you handle one-on-one meetings with employees?