Number functions allow you to perform computations on the data values in your fields. Number functions can only be used with fields that contain numerical values.
Follow along with the steps below to learn how to create a number calculation.
- In Tableau Desktop, connect to the Sample - Superstore saved data source, which comes with Tableau.
- Navigate to a worksheet and select Analysis > Create Calculated Field.
- In the calculation editor that opens, do the following:
- Name the calculated field Minimum Sales transaction
- Enter the following formula:
- When finished, click OK.
The new number calculation appears under Measures in the Data pane. Just like your other fields, you can use it in one or more visualizations.