Maps are one of the best ways to represent the data in Tableau. Data visualizations using maps look very attractive and appealing. Map charts suites better when you want to show the demographic data such as Population census, income, housing, household rates, etc. Maps give an easy-to-infer advantage over the other charts available in Tableau and are highly interactive when you want to plot demographic or geographical data on a plot.
Here in tableau, we have different types of maps, which are:
- Tableau Proportional symbol maps
- Tableau Choropleth maps (filled maps)
- Tableau Point distribution maps
- Tableau Heatmaps (density maps)
- Tableau Flow maps (path maps)
- Tableau Spider maps (origin-destination maps)