Control charts are statistical visual measures to monitor how your process is running over a given period of time. Whether it is running as expected or there are some issues with it. It is used to monitor a process variable over time.
- Choose the appropriate control chart for your data.
- Determine the appropriate time period for collecting and plotting data.
- Collect data, construct your chart and analyze the data.
- Look for “out-of-control signals” on the control chart.
- Continue to plot data as they are generated.