The recruiting manager will be interested in seeing how you handle disappointment. You must explain how the campaign went off track, accept some responsibility for the failure, and sketch out what you learned and the steps you would take next time to assure a better result in your response. One method is to choose a campaign where you may have set unreasonable goals.
Discussing how you came up with your KPIs and how you learned to set realistic targets demonstrates that you are a critical thinker and problem solver with a marketing strategy mindset.
The behavioural questions in this section are based on your previous professional experiences in digital marketing.
The following are some examples interview questions for digital marketers:
- Talk about an instance when your team disagreed with you.
- Consider one of your most successful campaigns. What made it so successful?
- Describe an example when you collaborated with a group to develop a campaign on a limited budget.
- Have you ever worked on a cross-functional project? How many persons were involved in this?
- Discuss a period when you were put under a lot of strain and how you managed to stay productive.
- What is an example of a marketing goal you have accomplished?
- Tell us about a time when you took a chance with digital marketing.
- Have you ever had to advertise a product or a brand that you didn’t care for?
- Tell me about a significant adjustment you made to an old marketing approach or procedure and the results.