Show How You'll Surmount the Challenge

If possible, you should also discuss how you might get yourself up to speed in the least amount of time. For example, you might take a course, complete online training, or take seminars. Mention a fundamental strength you possess that would help you overcome the challenge. You could say that you’ve always been a quick learner.

Be Honest and Specific
When it comes to questions that require you to mention something negative, it can be tempting to give a vague response that doesn’t truly reveal any weaknesses. However, dodging the question is not the way to go. For one thing, your interviewer will probably notice you’re not being forthright. And for another, it can actually be helpful for your candidacy if you are aware of areas you’ll need to work on and are capable of formulating a plan of action.

Examples of the Best Answers
Here are sample responses when interviewers ask what the most challenging part of the job would be:

Example Answer #1
One of my big challenges will be adjusting to the new workflow and creating a new type of report to present to clients. My plan would be to ask a lot of questions when preparing my first report. I’ll also ask a colleague to review the report before sharing it with the client.

Example Answer #2
I’ve previously used Microsoft Word processing and presentation software exclusively and haven’t used Google’s online equivalents. Although I’ll have to learn a whole new set of keyboard shortcuts, I’ll devote time to reading blog posts that walk me through the differences between the two types of software, and I’ll watch online tutorials.