List of Web Development Interview Questions: Behavioral

With behavioral interview questions, employers are seeking to understand how your past behavior may translate into the current position. Focus on explaining the situation or problem, how you handled it, and the result or outcome of your actions.

Behavioral interview questions for Web Developers may include: Tell me about a project you’re particularly proud of. What did you do that worked out well?

Tell me about a time you had to respond to negative feedback.

Even an entry-level Web Developer has likely faced criticism at some point. The hiring manager will be looking to see that you have the communication skills and service-oriented attitude to respond in a professional manner to negative criticism and ultimately use it to improve the quality of your work. Still, you should not choose an example where a client was unhappy simply because of poor work. A better example would be a time when a client or stakeholder was not pleased with a web application or product even though it was developed according to an agreed-upon plan. If you can then describe how you pivoted from your original plan to create something that everyone was happy with, it will show that you are adaptable and devoted to customer service.

• Tell me about a project you’re particularly proud of. What did you do that worked out well?
  • Tell me about a project that disappointed you. What would you change?
  • Tell me about a time you had to respond to negative feedback.
  • Tell me about a time when you got stuck while coding. How did you work your way through the problem?
  • Describe a time when you dealt with negative feedback.
  • Describe a time when your program didn’t run. How did you troubleshoot your code?
  • Has your team ever failed to meet a deadline? What went wrong and how did you address the situation?
  • How do you handle conflicts on your team?