There are a few ways you might be asked the favorite product question in PM interviews. You should use the BUS method for any variation.
To help you identify the different ways you might get asked this question, and to help you practice, we’ve compiled the below list of examples that were asked in PM interviews at companies like Google, Facebook, and Amazon according to data from Glassdoor com.
Also, if you’d like to learn about the other types of questions you may face, you can also visit our [ultimate guide to product manager interview questions
- Pick your favorite app. How would you improve it?
- Tell me about your favorite product that’s not an app or website
- Pick your favorite Google product. What would you change about it?
- Tell me about a free service you like and how would you monetize it
- What’s your favorite Microsoft Office Product? What are the first three things you would change about it?
- Tell me about a product you love. How would you make it better?
- What’s your favorite Facebook feature?
- Tell me about a product you use often
Now that you have a list of sample questions to work with, it’s important to consider how you will practice with these questions.