How was your interview experience at Infosys for role of system engineer?

Following is the interview of a candidate who had applied for a system engineer role through the campus placement process. Following is his experience:

Online Assessment

There were three coding questions worth 100 points, and the test lasted three hours.

The DSE and Power Programmer roles both have the same test. You have a chance of being qualified for the PP post if you can answer two or more questions; otherwise, you will most likely be shortlisted for the DSE role if you can only answer one question.

I do not recall the precise questions, but one was a Matrix question, another involved String manipulation, and the third was a Graph question.

I could only answer one question entirely (all test cases passed) and one question partially. Hence I was only considered for the DSE role.

Technical Interview

I was asked to introduce myself by the interviewer. My background, technical talents, projects I have worked on, and internships I have completed were all acknowledged. I also listed my professional goals and the programming languages I was proficient in.

He had asked me a couple more questions about Java and C++, but I could not recall them.

The technical interview began at 12:40 p.m. and was scheduled to last 40 minutes, but my interviewer stopped it at 12:54 p.m., making it highly brief.

Verdict: Select