How to start Coding?

Hello Folks,

When we hear the word “Programming”, we might think that it is too much hard to learn. But, the real thing is, it is not difficult to learn and, anyone can learn it. Programming does not mean, sitting in front of computers and coding all day. It is all about the plan of attack to solve a problem.

What is Programming?

Programming is basically a set of instructions given to the computers to perform variety of tasks.

As I said earlier, Programming is not about coding all the time, it’s all about how you solve the problem. Firstly you have to cut down the problem into several sub-problems, so that, it feels easier to solve. If you just dive into solving the problem without having any plan to solve the problem, then you might face errors later. So, the best option is to make a plan to solve the problem and then go for the code.

Let me give you an example of building a house. You want to build a house and you hired a builder to build your house. You’ve arranged all the things but you forget to hire an architect. So, you are going to build the house without proper design. Will it work or not? So, first, you have to think about the design, and then only after all the task, builders can start building your house. I want to say that, It is a step by step process. Programming is also the same, it is also a step by step process, and that’s called Algorithm. But, what is an Algorithm? jump to the algorithm parts.

Why do we need Programming?

Programming is everywhere. In this digital world, whatever you see, they are bind with some programming and algorithms. From your washing machine to your smart phone, each and every device uses programming. But what is the need?

You are reading this and understanding the concept, which means you know the English language and you can interpret it. But, computers do not understand any languages like English, Hindi or Bengali, etc. It can only understand numbers, and that too is in Binary. Binary means two, 1, and 0. 1 represent On state, and 0 represent Off state. This is how the computer works, it only deals with binary digits. But, the real problem is, we can’t talk with binary digits, like, if I say, what is “1001101”? What will be your first impressions? This is nothing but “77” in the binary form. This is called Machine Language(0 & 1), which is a Low-Level Language, and the Computer can’t understand human languages, which is a High-Level Language. We’ll talk about these languages in the next post. So, to write some programs we need programming language(s).

What is Programming Language?

As you noticed, it is not possible for humans to code in Machine Language, so we have High-Level Languages like C, Java, Python, etc. All these programming languages offer us to code in the human-readable language, which is English. And then, it converts it to machine language, we don’t need to bother about that. You may choose any programming language to solve a particular problem. The best thing is the algorithm will remain the same for all the programming languages.

Which Programming Language to Choose as a Beginner?

The best way to start your programming journey is to start with C. You may think that everyone is busy learning Python, but wait. If you want to build your programming skills, then start with C. Then move to OOP concepts.

Why to starts with C?

You can develop great programming skill using C. First you learn C and then move to other languages as you need.

• Windows, UNIX, Linux, Android Operating Systems, most of the parts of these operating systems are written in C.
  • We use Washing Machines, microwave ovens, ever wondered that they have a microprocessor. The programs of that microprocessors are written in C.
  • We all enjoy playing games. DirectX, the popular gaming framework has been built using the C programming language.

Start coding! PRACTISE! PRACTISE! PRACTISE! :man_technologist:t2: :star:

It’s easy and I did that too. Here’s a list you thing that you have to do.

1. Ask yourself that you really want to code.
  2. Select your field like you want to be a web designer, developer or anything else that requires coding.
  3. Start learning. I would love to recommend you w3schools for web related technologies and tutorials point for anything else you want to learn from C++ to JAVA to anything else.
  4. Code a lot. This was the mistake I did when I was new to this field as you’ll be able to learn from your mistakes.
  5. Next stick to it. Once you have started never ever think of dropping idea till end.
  6. Start writing your projects so that you can learn now to solve problems. Never copy paste. Nah!

Now you’ve did it. You are a self made developer now Enjoy!.