Let’s divide the interview prep into parts to better understand it, Before the interview, during the interview, & after the interview.
- Understand your abilities and achievements.
- Prepare your bibliography
- Investigate Your Interviewer
- Get to know your potential new boss.
- Plan your main points of discussion.
- Prepare answers to general interview questions in advance.
- Experiment with answering questions aloud.
- Think about how you’ll sell yourself.
- Dress appropriately.
- Arrive early but not too early
- Bring No Electronics
- Shake Your Interviewer’s Hands
- First impressions should convey competence and trustworthiness.
- Take some time to gather your thoughts.
- Don’t talk excessively
- It’s OK to say, “I’m Not Sure.”
- Describe your contributions and outcomes in detail.
- Be open, honest, and upbeat.
- Pose a Question
- Inquire about any reservations you have about your qualifications.
- Do not inquire about pay and benefits.
- Don’t go overboard
- Do not criticize previous managers or employers.
- Don’t push yourself too hard
- Gratitude to Your Interviewer
- Consider the Discussion