Mapbox provides many tools to build maps into your website or web-based application. The latest versions of Tableau Server, Desktop, Public, and Online all use Mapbox vector maps by default.
To use a Mapbox style in Tableau, you need that style’s integration URL.
- Go to your Mapbox Studio Style page and click on the style that you would like to use as your background map in Tableau.
- Click on the Share button in the options bar at the top of the screen.
- Click the Production tab.
- In the Develop bar, click the Third party option.
- Choose Tableau from the dropdown menu.
- Click on the clipboard button to copy the Integration URL to your computer’s clipboard. You will use this URL to connect to your Mapbox style from Tableau.