How I Grew My YouTube Channel?

YouTube Keyword Research

The YouTube SEO process begins with [video keyword research
Here’s exactly how to find the right keywords for your YouTube videos:

First, generate a list of keywords ideas.
Your first step is to generate a big list of potential keywords.

(In the next step I’ll help you find the best keyword from your list.)
One of my favorite strategies is to use YouTube’s Search Suggest feature.
All you need to do is head over to YouTube and pop in a word or phrase…
and YouTube will hand you a bunch of keywords related to what you typed in
These suggested keywords are GREAT.

Why?

Because these are terms that people actually type into YouTube.
So there’s no need to wonder if they’re popular or not. If YouTube suggests them to you, they definitely are.
You can also go to a popular video in your niche… and copy the same keywords that the video is optimized around.As you probably know, keyword optimization is a KEY part of YouTube SEO. So if a video has lots and lots of views, chances are, that video is optimized around a popular keyword.

To execute this step, go to another channel in your niche.

Then, sort their videos by “Most Popular”
Next, choose a video from the list. Obviously, you want to pick a video that you can create an awesome video around (more on that in step #2).

But in general, if the video is in your niche, it’ll work.
Finally, see which keywords that video is optimized around. This is easy.

Just check out the keywords that video uses in its You can also find some excellent keywords in your YouTube “Traffic Source: YouTube search” report. This report shows you all the keywords that YouTube users have searched for to find your videos.
This is a keyword I would have NEVER found using any other strategy. But I know that people are searching for it in YouTube, so it makes for a great keyword to add to my list.

Second, find the best keyword from your list
Now that you’ve generated a list of keywords, it’s time to choose the best one from your list.
Specifically, you want to target low-competition keywords.
This is ESPECIALLY important if your channel doesn’t have that many subscribers yet.

If you swing for the fences and go after competitive keywords, your video is gonna get buried in the search results.

Instead, you want to find keywords that don’t have a lot of competition.
This number represents the total number of videos on YouTube about that topic. The higher this number, the more competitive a keyword is. So you want to target keywords that have a low “About results” number.

(How low should you go? Every industry is different. So I can’t give you a specific number to shoot for. Just focus on choosing keywords that have low competition relative to other videos in your niche.)
In general, Google tends to use video results for these types of keywords:

• How-to keywords (“how to make cold brew coffee”)
  • Reviews (“beats by Dre review”)
  • Tutorials (“Setting up WordPress”)
  • Anything fitness or sports related (“Cardio kickboxing”)
  • Funny videos (“Cute animals”)

Why is this important?

Well, let’s say you optimize your video around a keyword that doesn’t have any video results in Google. In that case, you’ll ONLY get traffic from people searching on YouTube.

But if you optimize for a video keyword, you’ll also get targeted traffic to your video directly from Google’s first page