How does a morning looks like in life of a front-end developer?

Following is the morning of a front-end developer with the timestamps:

7:00 AM

I get up, eat some breakfast, and have a cup of coffee.

Coffee will very indeed become a regular part of your day if it is not already.

My whole team (and, in fact, everyone I know in the industry) is now remote, so my commute consists of simply going into another room.

However, I usually wait until around 8 AM to give myself time to get up and avoid getting into the habit of waking up and immediately starting work.

8:00 AM

First and foremost, I check my emails, look at my meeting schedule for the day, and then check the tickets on our kanban board - a project management application that helps visualize work and maximize productivity.

If I am currently working on a feature, I will usually check to see if anyone has added any comments or additional tasks; if not, I will see what else is on the board in terms of bugs/features that are free to take up.

9:00 AM

There will be a meeting with the current team.

This is a fast opportunity for us to catch up on where we have all been, ask any questions, and discuss our general priorities for the day/next week or so.

Let us get back to the coding.

Today, I am working on a new feature: a profile page.

So, first and foremost, I translate the design provided by the UI/UX department into code for our website to display.

A UI/UX visual prototype, on the other hand, is not always a given, and you will often have to rely on your visual intuition to design it, so it fits in with the rest of the site.

11:00 AM

Typically, programming will last until lunchtime.

The crew is always available for a quick call or screen sharing if you get stuck or want to bounce ideas around.

The amount of time you use working alone or in a group varies per company.

Some businesses use pair programming as their primary methodology; however, my present employer prefers to allow its developers to work independently with more autonomy.

12:00 PM

Lunch!