How do you use lock down to a career change?

The last 4-5 months have been incredibly difficult for the world. Covid has wreaked havoc on everyone across all ages and demographics. Many have lost their lives, their loved ones and their jobs. And the scary part is, its not over yet ! But we also have the opportunity to learn from this experience by looking at things constructively.

I have received several emails from professionals about job opportunities. But i have to admit that i myself had to let go several of my employees due to the situation. However, i would like to share with all of you what i have learnt throughout my career. It might help someone.

In times such as this, we are always looking out for references to connect us to a new job or a new role. We spend our time waiting for that one opportunity that could solve all our problems. But we have to understand that everyone else who has lost their job is also doing the same. Instead, why don’t we see the Covid imposed lockdown as an opportunity to do something we always wanted to do which we couldn’t do earlier due to lack of time.