HOW Do You Consider Yourself Successful?

This question might make you uncomfortable. But you can think of it as an opportunity to allow the interviewer to get to know you better and to position yourself as an excellent choice for this job. First off, make sure you say yes! Then pick one specific professional achievement you’re proud of that can be tied back to the role you’re interviewing for—one that demonstrates a quality, skill, or experience that would help you excel in this position. You’ll want to explain why you consider it a success, talk about the process in addition to the outcome, and highlight your own accomplishment without forgetting your team. Zooming in on one story will help if you feel awkward tooting your own horn!

We are successful when we reach our own truth, our own enlightenment. We can have all the money and prestige in the world and it will not make us a success, it will just make us rich. And being rich is not what people imagine it to be. It solves no problems outside of financial security and comfort. It actually corrupts. I was a poor girl who married a millionaire and over the course of 30 years, I found part of myself to have become an entitled snob after my husband was killed and the fortune went with him.

Success is knowing oneself. Success is the ability to feel real empathy for people and helping whenever we can. Success is loving who you are and it took me a lifetime to realize this.