When you are doing keyword research for SEM, the best way for customer conversion is to first select keywords based on six categories –
- Brand terms
- Product terms
- Competitor terms
- Substitute product terms
- Complementary product terms
- Audience terms
After specifying keywords for each, you further categorise and use them in four different ways:
- Broad match keywords – These can be singular and plural forms, synonyms, and/or similar phrases.
- Phrase match keywords – These are phrases that come before or after the keyword.
- Exact match keywords – These keyword phrases match word for word with the target keyword.
- Negative match keywords – These are the variants of broad match, phrase match, and exact match keywords that you want to exclude from your campaign.
I hope you find this information helpful…see you on the next topic