When preparing for your interview, consider the following approaches to increase your confidence and boost your success:
- Research the company. Learn about the position and current challenges or projects you can discuss during your interview to showcase your enthusiasm for contributing to success.
- Match your skills to the requirements. Prepare answers that showcase the skills you have that the employer requires.
- Give examples of achievements. Consider several accomplishments that can show employers how your past performance achieved successful results.
- Use the STAR response technique. The STAR response technique gives you an outline for discussing a specific situation, your role in it, the actions you took and the results you achieved because of your actions.
- Make a list of questions to ask. Interviewers often give applicants the opportunity to ask questions at the end of the interview. Use this time to ask questions about expectations, specific projects you may start on and what you can expect from your team and supervisors