Small businesses falsely believe that any type of online advertising is too expensive for them. We want to dispel this myth. There’re lots of effective advertising formats that require no investment. Check them out.
- Optimize your site for search engines. People all over the world are doing Google searches every second. They are looking for news, products, recipes, manuals, housekeeping hints, and much more. You can satisfy their interest and bring in new customers. Conduct some basic keyword research and pick up low-competition queries to start your SEO. On our blog, we outlined an SEO strategy that will bring your site to the top of the search.
- Send email campaigns. With their help, you can educate your customers, promote your products, share news and updates, keep clients informed about their orders, and increase brand recognition. All this and more is possible for free with SendPulse Email Service. If you have up to 500 subscribers on your mailing list, you can send them 15,000 emails every month for free.
- Write guest posts. Find authoritative blogs with a large audience that may be interested in your products. Offer them a valuable piece of content, share tips, provide case studies, and give advice. Link back to your website, and you’ll give a boost to your domain authority. This way, you’ll communicate your message to the target audience and increase your brand awareness.
- Utilize the power of social media. There’re at least two reasons that you should use them: most of the platforms are free, and people look for brands on socials. If you’re on a tight budget, advertising campaigns are not a must. Create your brand’s profile, add photos and videos of your products, share news on recent updates, and ask for customer feedback. In addition, you can create a chatbot for Facebook Messenger to answer clients’ FAQ and help them place their order. SendPulse offers an intuitive and free chatbot builder.
- Start your blog. A blog is a place where you can demonstrate your expertise and promote your brand at the same time. Post regularly to share news about your company, educate your audience, give expert tips, and show some behind-the-scenes. You can even earn money from your blog by posting high-quality content from other companies that may be useful for your audience.
These five methods of advertising online for free are just the tip of the iceberg but proved in practice. Try them out!
- Search engine ads. The average cost per click across all industries is $2.32. This price depends on the keyword volume — how many times a month people search for a specific word or phrase, the level of competition, meaning how many companies use this keyword, and how high the bid for the ad rank based auction.
- Email marketing. The average price for 2,000 subscribers start at $27, 5,000 — $47, 10,000 — $69 and 50,000 — $253. You can send up to 15,000 emails to 500 subscribers each month for free with SendPulse. The service allows you to create email templates and send trigger emails, and lots of other handy features.
- Social media. Depending on the industry, Facebook’s average CPC is $1.86, and CPM is $11.20. On Instagram, the average cost-per-click is between $0.50 - $1.00. In more competitive industries like apparel or law, the cost of ads can reach $3.00 per click.
- Display ads. The ad’s size and its placement on the webpage form the pricing together with the display period and the average amount of visitors. You shouldn’t necessarily choose Google Ads — you can use other services like Microsoft Advertising, Quora, AdRoll, etc., or contact website owners directly.
- Native ads. The main reason to utilize native advertising is the large amount of traffic that the company placing ads drives to its website. It is the most expensive type of online advertising because it demands high-quality content from the advertiser, hence professional copywriting, storytelling, editing, and design. It is highly efficient, though, due to the easy-to-digest nature of native ads.
- Video advertising. Companies pay YouTube on a pay-per-view basis. Typically, video ads cost between $0.10 and $0.30 per view, which means that you will pay $1,000 for 10,000 people to watch your ad. Another meaningful factor is video production. The cost here depends on how many people work on the video and how much they charge.
- Web push ads. You can utilize this feature for sending rapid promotions and updates for free in SendPulse.
- Mobile marketing. The cost for each SMS is $0.022 in the USA. SendPulse allows sending SMS on 800 networks in over 200 countries.
Internet Advertising Tips
Analyze your ROI
Segment your audience
Choose the best media for a specific business
Use social media platforms that are popular
Be creative with your ads
Use a clear call to action
Make mobile-friendly ads
Analyze your ROI. It is easy to make sure your efforts are worth a while with internet marketing. Check all the possible metrics depending on the type of digital marketing you use. Analyze open rate and CTR in email marketing, use Google Analytics for your social marketing efforts, and search engine marketing.
Segment your audience. Separate your audience into different groups that have something in common like age, gender, location, and find the right approach for all of them. If you create a display ad campaign for clothing, make sure the message you tailor to women differs from the one for men.
Choose the best media for a specific business. If you make and sell vegan food, use socials for promoting and receiving orders. Appearance in the local directories in Google search results may also address potential clients to you when they google “vegan food near me,” for instance.
Use social media platforms that are popular. If your audience consists mainly of young people 14-30 years old, Instagram is likely the most commonplace for their communication with each other. Facebook is preferable for adults, so the best practice here is to examine your audience, their habits, and global tendencies to make the right choice.
Be creative with your ads. Internet advertising is all about catching people’s attention, so make your ads expressive and relevant. Bolster your creativity with bright colors and huge headlines, but avoid using all caps.
Use a clear call to action. There’s little time to getting your message across to the audience, so make it clear what you want. Use a short and unambiguous CTA like “Book now,” “Learn more,” “Grab the promo code,” etc., depending on the business and the advertising goal.
Make mobile-friendly ads. Preview all the ads you produce on a mobile phone to make sure they work since 58% of site visits are registered from the smartphones.