- There are thousands of instructional materials for natural language processing online, just like there are for every other data science discipline.
- When you want to learn something new, the first logical step is to look up a road map or a well-organized syllabus to follow in order to get all of the information you require in the most efficient manner possible.
- Finding a straightforward, precise, and actionable roadmap is frequently difficult. It is a learning adventure in and of itself that must be navigated.
Some of the prerequisites to become an NLP engineer include:
- Programming - Programming is a necessary ability for anyone interested in pursuing a career in the technology industry. You can pick how far you should go before moving on to another skill based on your goals for studying programming.
- Statistics and Probability - Reading a synopsis of the principles and then diving into each one as needed is an excellent way to start with each of these components.
- Preprocessing text - Text preparation is the initial stage in any natural language processing project. Text processing is a broad term that refers to a range of methods that can be applied to text in order to prepare it for further analysis.
- Basics of Machine Learning - Various machine learning ideas are used in the majority of natural language processing methods. You must be familiar with the many types of machine learning algorithms in order to completely comprehend these algorithms.
- NLP core techniques - These methods are designed to do specific tasks and extract data from text.