Google Ads Scheduling?

If you’ve been running your Google Ads account a few months or more, it’s time to dive into the Dimensions tab (aka one of my favorite spots in to hang out in Google Ads) and see what times and days provide the most value to your business . In Google Ads (formerly known as Google AdWords), this is known as dayparting (not to be mistaken with day partying ) or ad scheduling.
This valuable setting is something I often bring up in conversation with my clients, although common objections include: But why is this necessary? Isn’t it best to distribute your ads evenly? Doesn’t the time of day (or day of week) someone could potentially convert often fluctuate? What if I miss out on potential business by excluding certain hours of the day?

I understand all of these objections, and indeed dayparting is not for everyone, but if implemented and monitored correctly it can work wonders on your account. As stated by [PPC Hero’[Eric Couch] “Working in PPC is all about making the most of what you have … the stakes may be lower when you’re only spending fifteen dollars a day, but that doesn’t make it less important to perform at a high level.”

Think about it: Maybe you operate a ski & snowboard rental shop. You might find that desktop and tablet searches spike on Thursday and Friday nights between the hours of 8:00PM and 12:00PM when skiers are researching in preparation for their ski weekend. You might also see [mobile searches]increase during weekends and weekday vacation mornings from 6:00AM to 10:00AM. In these scenarios you’ll likely want to re-allocate your budget in order to get more visibility during peak hours. This will lead to more rentals and money for your business, bringing you a step closer to buying that shiny boat you’ve had your eye on.

The scenario above might not be as clear for your business. Perhaps you operate a SaaS company, in which case the hours and days of the week that are most profitable are harder to predict. Luckily, the Google Ads Dimensions tab was invented to solve these problems. So let’s put an end to advertising during unprofitable times and start spending your money in a wiser manner.

In this article I’ll:

• Explain how to use the Dimensions tab to set up ad scheduling.
  • Share some data on which times and days tend to show the best PPC performance across different industries.
    I hope you find this information helpful…see you on the next topic