Getting good with CSS - Part 2

Make sure you have read the Part 1 before reading the second part

• There are five basic classifications of fonts: 1. serif 2. sans serif 3. script 4. monospaced 5. display Give this article a read for more detailed explanation Type Classifications | Fonts.com

• fonts .google.com (Download free fonts from here) You just need to look at few fonts properties. For ex,

• font-family
    • font-weight
    • font-size
  • Alright moving further, We have CSS positioning. From here, a bit tricky CSS starts. Using CSS positioning you can change the position of you element. This might seems bit tough but you can learn it in 2-3 days

• There are 5 values that you can pass in position property

• static
    • relative
    • absolute
    • fixed
  • Positioning in CSS allows you to display your element wherever you want on the screen But when I was learning it.

• Up to this point you have some decent knowledge of styling your website. It would be great if you learn about a layout system now. Flex and Grid. Grid is a little bit tough to master but flex isn’t

• Hmm awesome!! I think you’re all set to learn about responsiveness here. Don’t skip it. There are millions of devices on which your website is viewed.

• Responsive web design is little tricky but not so tough to master. There are few quick points you need to remember while writing CSS code. I would suggest you to take care of responsiveness while writing CSS rather than handling responsiveness in the end.

• Some genric advise while building websites

• Use meta viewport element
    • Don’t use large fixed width
    • Try to use Layouts
    • Use box-sizing: border-box
    • Media Queries are saviour
    • Use “auto” in media
    • Use frameworks if possible